"If we don’t win your case, you pay no fees.

Joseph Kritzer, Attoney at Law / Workers’ Comp Specialist
2790 Skypark Drive Suite 100 Torrance, CA 90505 Directions
se habla Español

"If we don’t win your case, you pay no fees. Ever!"

2790 Skypark Drive Suite 100 Torrance, CA 90505 Directions

Are My Spinal Cord Injuries Covered Under Workers’ Comp Insurance?

Are My Spinal Cord Injuries Covered Under Workers’ Comp Insurance?

spinal cord injuries
Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on reddit
Share on digg
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Under California law, employers are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance to protect employees who suffer work-related injuries. At the Law Office of Joseph Kritzer, we represent injured employees in their workers’ compensation claims. We help clients with claims for all types of injuries, including spinal cord injuries.

Spinal Cord Injuries

Spinal cord injuries can be temporary or permanent, and they can vary in severity. Symptoms of spinal cord injuries may include, pain, loss or reduction of feeling, loss of strength, loss of function, and incontinence. Spinal cord injuries can have life-changing impacts and may cause work limitations or an inability to return to work in any capacity.

We understand how serious spinal cord injuries are, and we know that the cost of medical treatment can be financially crippling. Our goal for every client is to maximize their financial compensation, especially for injuries, such as spinal cord injuries, that may require significant long-term medical care.

Work-Related Spinal Cord Injuries

When it comes to workers’ compensation coverage, the most critical factor is whether or not your injuries were work-related. Spinal cord injuries can develop over time or can be caused by one traumatic event.

To collect workers’ compensation benefits, you must show that you were injured while working. Common causes of workplace spinal cord injuries include car accidents, slip and falls, and being struck by objects or equipment. Spinal cord compression is frequently caused by repetitive pushing, pulling, or lifting at work.

What You Should Do After A Workplace Injury

If you believe your spinal cord injuries are work-related, you should seek medical treatment and report your injuries to your supervisor as soon as possible. You should also make sure that all medical providers who treat you understand that your injuries are work-related.

As mentioned above, you must show that your injuries were job-related to recover under a workers’ compensation claim. It is easier to prove workplace injuries when your medical records reference work-related injuries.

Jobs That Frequently Lead To Spinal Cord Injuries

Spinal cord injuries can happen in any occupation, to any employee. We often see spinal cord injuries related to construction work, industrial jobs, and other dangerous occupations. We also see spinal cord injuries caused by repetitive physical movements in office workers, healthcare industry employees, and assembly line workers.

Maximizing Your Spinal Cord Injury Benefits

Regardless of your occupation, if you have sustained a spinal cord injury or any other type of injury related to your employment, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. While benefit calculations are based on specific formulas, a lot of factors considered in those calculations are subjective.

For example, if the disability rating you are assigned after a medical evaluation is too low, your workers’ compensation benefits will not fairly and adequately compensate you. An experienced workers’ compensation attorney will help you through the benefits process and make sure that any settlement you accept fully and fairly compensates you. Your physical recovery and financial future are too important to be left to chance.

You are here:
Personal Injury Attorney Joseph Kritzer

Follow us on social

2790 Skypark Drive
Suite 100
Torrance, CA 90505




  • Fax: (310) 378-2783

In the event that you have a personal injury claim or a wrongful termination claim, I will refer you to an experienced attorney who can assist you.




Think you have a case?
Please complete our form: