"If we don’t win your case, you pay no fees.

Joseph Kritzer, Attoney at Law / Workers’ Comp Specialist
2790 Skypark Drive Suite 100 Torrance, CA 90505 Directions
se habla Español

"If we don’t win your case, you pay no fees. Ever!"

2790 Skypark Drive Suite 100 Torrance, CA 90505 Directions

Denied Workers’ Comp Claims: Common Mistakes To Avoid

Denied Workers’ Comp Claims: Common Mistakes To Avoid

workers’ comp claims
Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on reddit
Share on digg
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

When employees in California are injured at work, they are typically protected by their employers’ workers’ compensation policies. This often gives injured employees a false sense of security that they will be compensated for their injuries. Insurance carriers are required to provide workers’ comp benefits pursuant to insurance policy terms. That does not mean that insurance companies make it easy for injured employees to collect fair compensation, however.

Insurance carriers often try to limit medical care and compensation to as little as possible because it saves them money. Workers’ compensation attorney, Joseph Kritzer knows that there are common mistakes that injured employees must avoid during the claims process. Otherwise, insurance companies may use these mistakes to their advantage by limiting benefits for injured employees.

Failing To Timely Report Your Injuries And Seek Medical Care

If you were injured as a result of a workplace accident, employers have a right to investigate that accident. You should report the accident as soon as possible and no longer than 30 days after the accident so that employers have the chance to investigate accident conditions and talk to witnesses.

If you are involved in a workplace accident, but you do not believe you suffered any injuries, you should still report the accident to your employer. You should also go to a doctor for an injury evaluation. Sometimes after an accident, injury symptoms are delayed, and employees do not realize that they are injured until days or weeks have passed after an accident.

Some injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, are the result of long-term, repetitive job-related movements that gradually develop. In these cases, there is no specific accident to report. You should notify your employer and seek medical care as soon as you discover your injuries and suspect that they are work-related.

Failing To Follow Through With Medical Care And Advice

When a doctor prescribes medical treatments, such as physical therapy and other care, you must follow through with those recommendations. Additionally, when a doctor gives you activity restrictions such as not returning to work or refraining from specific activities, it is critical to follow that advice as well. If you do not follow doctors’ orders, your insurance company may deny your claim for failing to comply with medical advice and recommendations.

Failing To Challenge Denial Of Benefits

As mentioned above, insurance companies may limit and deny your workers’ comp benefits, but you do have the right to challenge their findings. Under California law, you may appeal work comp decisions to fight for the medical care and compensation that you deserve.

Failing To Hire A Workers’ Compensation Attorney

Workers’ compensation claims can be tricky, and it can be hard to know if you are getting the benefits to which you are entitled. An experienced attorney can help to make sure that you are not denied the medical care and compensation that you deserve. A workers’ compensation attorney will also review settlement agreement offers to make sure that the terms of the agreement fully and fairly compensate you for your work injuries.

You are here:
Personal Injury Attorney Joseph Kritzer

Follow us on social

2790 Skypark Drive
Suite 100
Torrance, CA 90505




  • Fax: (310) 378-2783

In the event that you have a personal injury claim or a wrongful termination claim, I will refer you to an experienced attorney who can assist you.




Think you have a case?
Please complete our form: